Hi everybody! So, I have definitely been a slacker when it has come to blogging lately. At first my excuse was that I was upset with the computer. I clicked on something and got some terrible virus. Rotten mean people setting traps like that! Luckily, Kevin's brother Todd was able to fix it. Hooray for Todd! That was probably about a month ago though, so it's not longer a valid excuse.
So here are the interesting things that you have missed.
Guess where we went...
The ocean! Who knew we only live 2 hours away from an ocean...I guess it's about time we visited it.
And this is what we were doing there...Looking for these little dimples in the ground. Does anyone know what these dimples mean???
Clams!
So, first you look for the dimples in the sand.
And then you use some muscle. This also shows Aliya actively participating so that we can get 30 clams instead of just 15.
Kevin even got Aliya to pick up the clams until one peed on her. Then she wanted nothing to do with them.
Thanks to Kevin friends at school for taking us and giving us clamming lessons! And for cooking the clams into yummy clam chowder and fried clams at the clam bake.
It was definitely a great visit to the ocean. It was sunny, with a nice beach, and plenty of clams!
That same day we dyed Easter eggs. It was easter weekend. We said that clamming was Aliya's special egg hunt :)
She had lots of fun and was sad when we were all out of eggs.
Kevin's cool eggs
My eggs that I made with neckties at RS enrichment night.
Easter Sunday
Yay for Easter! Sorry it was so long ago.
Both of them just crashed one night leaning on each other.
Pictures at the park. Kevin got me an awesome new camera for Easter/Mother's Day :)
So cute! I love my babies.
Last but not least a picture of Abram eating baby food. I tell you this boy loves to eat! He attacks the spoon, I can't get it into his mouth fast enough for him.
So, it has been a good past couple of months. Kevin finished his first year of school a straight A student! (one A- but it's still an A right??) We have had some fun times with friends and the kids are growing so fast! Aliya is talking more and is counting and naming letters all the time. Abram is rolling around and scooting! We are grateful for both of them. We are having a good life here in Washington, but it's hard not to look ahead. My parents and two little sisters are visiting next week and only one more month until a trip to Utah! Can't wait to see all of you! Ok...sigh. Time to end this blog though. It has taken me several trys to get this done and Abram is yet again crying in the background to my typing and Aliya needs help in the bathroom.
Love all of you!
The Bohman's
Great Blog and awesome pics! :) I always love reading what you post! Can't wait to see you guys.
ReplyDeleteYou're going to have to take us clamming sometime. I've never been. Oh my. It looks like a lot of fun. I love having you guys so close. Gwenevere's been asking for Aliya the last two days, but I've been a slacker and haven't called you yet. sorry. We'll play on Saturday.
ReplyDelete